Easy Yoga Postures For The Next Generation
Yoga is considered to be an extremely beneficial treat for the mind as well as for the body since the ancient times. This art is beneficial not only for the adults, but also for the kids. It is especially advantageous for the kids because it teaches them how to become flexible, it provides strength to their body, it provides relaxation to their body and mind, it improves their concentration power, it makes them more creative and it also teaches them to become disciplined and responsible. As a parent, if you have decided to teach yoga to your kids, you are definitely on the right track. You should read this article to know more about why yoga is so important. Some poses (asanas) in yoga which are designed for the kids are detailed below:
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
The Tadasana is considered to be the basic foundation for all the other poses in yoga. Some of the advantages of this pose are that it provides you a good posture, it helps in increasing your height and it also makes your leg muscles more strong.
- Keep your heels slightly apart and your big toes touching each other and stand straight.
- Now, swing back and forth by slightly lifting your toes.
- Now, slowly stop the movement, make your muscles tight, lift your knees and take your belly in.
- After this, widen your shoulders, take a deep breath and hold it for 30 to 60 seconds and then release from this position.
Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
This pose is also highly beneficial for kids as it helps in providing strength to the muscles, helps in preventing injury in the knee joints and it also helps in improving breathing.
- Start with the mountain pose.
- Now, release your breath and bend your knees like sitting in a chair.
- After this, hold your hands with palms facing each other above your head and stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- Now, take a deep breath, stand straight, release your breath and bring down your hands to your sides.
Uttanasana (Rag Doll Pose)
This pose is considered perfect for providing relaxation to the mind, muscles and the body. This pose helps in protecting kids from any injury and also helps in making them feel active.
- Stand straight and hold your hands above your head.
- Release your breath, bend forward and let your arms move towards the floor.
- Bend your knees slightly and swing your head and hands from side to side.
- Now, take deep breaths and try to move your hands nearer to the floor and then slowly go back to the standing position.
Balasana (Child’s Pose)
As the name suggests, this pose is perfect for kids. This pose helps in getting rid of stress and relaxing the mind and body.
- First of all, you need to kneel down on the floor in such a way that your big toes are touching each other.
- Now, sit on your heels and keep your knees apart.
- Release your breath and move your chest in front to the top of your thighs.
- Keep your arms by your side, breathe deeply and be in this position for around 5 minutes.